Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Training Day

This is at the end of day two when she was kinda trained.
I thought she might like the potty more if her picture was on it!
Here she is at the beginning of the day, very wary of what is about to happen.
I took this before I woke Cora for her training. I tried to have all of her favorites, but with Cora it's not hard because she LOVES food.

THE POTTY


The set up

It's not easy convincing 22 month old to use the potty. It's not easy convincing her mom to teach her either.

But after wrestling over diapers, Cora ripping them off and peeing in her toy box, the floor, and going number two behind the couch it was time to train.

So, I embarked upon the training in a day method. These are some of the scenes from that day. It wasn't fun, it was long, and grueling and involved some help from my visiting teacher. And it didn't take less than a day, it actually took two days, but I really can't complain. Cora's a pro now.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Yay Cora!!! She looks so grown up, I hardly recognized her!!! They change so fast!!

Unknown said...

it's not so bad doing a "boring" blog. ;o) Cora looks like such a big girl! I'm glad we'll get to see more pics of what you are up to. So, what are the words of wisdom for potty training a boy???!!

maurine said...

I potty trained Bryant the EXACT same way. And it only took him four hours to get the general gist--not two days. I use the "Toilet Training in less than a day method" The book is like a penny on amazon. If you're really interested, call me about it and I can explain it all. But yes, it does work.