Sunday, September 13, 2009

Maura's Wedding

Just wanted to say that even though I have no pictures to show for it, Erick and I had an unforgettable experience in Utah with the family and at Maura's wedding. Unfortunately, I lost my camera and turned the house upside-down, until midnight the night before we left, and couldn't find it ANYWHERE. I felt horrible, but there was nothing I could do. We had to go to the airport with or without the camera, so we did. But luckily, there were plenty of cameras there, and Maura's wedding was very well documented. But I did want to say that Erick and I loved every moment we spent with his and my family. Some high-lights included:
1. Getting to go without the kids!!! Thanks mom!
2. The bridal shower, where we met Devan, finding out he's an amateur archeologist (if you google the correct spelling of his name), seeing all the Allen fam, and knowing that Maura was marring just the right person!
3. Meeting Rex for the first time. When I saw him, it took my breath away because a) he was SOOO CUTE, and b) he looked so much like baby Bryant did.
4. Getting to chat and have lunch with my brother and sisters and in-laws. I treasure each time I get to see them.
5. Getting to stay with Jordan and Erica. They are the best! They are wonderful hosts, and they would be the best neighbors in the world if we ever got to live near them! I love it when someone your husband loves marries someone equally as loveable! That is the case with Jordan and Erica--I get along with her like I've known her my whole life!
6. The hike--one of the benefits of going to UT sans children was that we got to go on a hike with Jordan, Erica, Niel, and Erick's uncle Mike. It was great hearing Erick's dad and brother tell awesome stories of growing up in the Cashe Valley. It was probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing. We both cherished it.
7. The wedding. Awesome. Beautiful bride, handsome groom--wish we could have spent a little more time with both of them, but weddings are always so busy, so we'll wait till Christmas. Maura was a gorgeous bride, and the wedding was wonderful.
8. The reception. Got to see and spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Allen, Grandma and Grandpa Erickson, and tons of Allens. They are such a great family and I love being a part of it. It was hard to leave everyone! I wish we could live there sometimes! And we're looking forward to Christmas in Colorado! There were so many more great moments, and I could type all night! But I have to stop somewhere!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What! You were in Utah and didn't call me?? ;o) Just kidding! I totally understand that sometimes you just want to make a visit and NOT see every single person you know in that area! Sounds like you guys had a great trip. No kids is always fabulous