Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kentucky visit!


Kids LOVED THE POOL!!

Bryant had just finished swimming lessons before we went to KY, and he was a little fish the whole time!




Here's Nana, Nan, Emma, Cora, Me, and Bryant


This summer I drove Cora, Bryant, and their aunt Emma to Kentucky. It was a ten hour drive one way, and I was very scared to try to make the trip without Erick, knowing that I would do all of the driving, but we headed out at five in the morning with a dvd player, mucho snacks, and a trunk full of gear. The kids did great mostly due to Emma's help, and it was a blast! We had so much fun relaxing at Nana's house. We swam in her pool every day, were taken out to eat every day (which totally spoiled the kids!), and got to see some great cousins! Bryant fell in love with my cousin, Nan, and talked about her all day until he got to see her. He was so sad to leave, that he cried the night before we left for home. I think he loved being the center of Nana's attention! Cora loved Nana too, and when she didn't know where Nana was, she would walk around the house yelling "WHERE"S NA-NA" with a lot of emphasis on the "NA--NA" part. We loved it so much that we convinced my dad to drive out with us to visit her again at the end of the month in Florida! Hopefully that trip will go just as smoothely--except this time I'll leave the Kashi cookies (soy based-unbeknowst to me) at home!

No comments: