Thursday, September 2, 2010

These Days (boring update)

Bryant started school last Wednesday. He has now been to seven WHOLE days of school. Wow. Can I just say that it feels like he's been going for forever? And honestly, it seems to be going well. For those of you who know Bryant, he is a very social, quick-thinking, intelligent, and busy child. And if you don't keep him busy, he will bug you until you give him something to do!

So Bryant went to school and he only cried the first night when he said that he missed being away from me all day long. I then explained to him that he is actually only gone 7 hours a day and that leaves him 17 whole hours at home per day. So technically he is still home much more than he is ever at school. Of course I didn't bother to point out that 11 of these hours are spent sleeping. This information calmed him down, and he has honestly been fine about it ever since. We get up at 6:15 every morning, I make him his lunch, he gets dressed, and I walk him to the bus by 6:50. I have not been up this early since high school. Seriously. I have to go to bed by 9:00 so I can handle the baby waking up a few times at night and still get enough sleep in by morning. I hate giving up my nights, but I love being there to send Bryant off in the morning. The bus is also so much easier than waking Cora (who's usually out until 8:30) and Cash, and loading them in the car to save 30 minutes.

Two days ago the bus came a little early so I told him to run for it. He did and got on the bus, but stood on the steps until I caught up and gave him his good-bye hug. Luckily our bus driver is very nice (she's in our ward at church so we know her), and she didn't mind waiting. It's like I have a boy who's half way grown up. He's a big boy off to school on his own, but he still needs a hug to get him on his way. When he arrives home, he's tired, but pretty happy. Each day of kindergarten so far though he has been sent back to his desk or out of the line at least one time for talking, and each day he PROMISES to try harder. At least today it was only once and not three times! Next week the teacher's discipline system of colored cards starts and we'll really get the full picture of what's going on!

Here at home things aren't so bad! Cora is enjoying being the big fish in the little pond. She's talking more, asking to invite friends over, and really flourishing even more than before. She and Bryant also seem to play better when he comes home since they've had some good time apart! We also have a friend's daughter come play four days a week for a couple of hours a day while her mom's in class and it seems to be going pretty well. I'm putting her in gymnastics next month so she'll have something special of her own to do. Cash pretty much goes with the flow and sleeps, plays and enjoys being held. He's a great little baby. So that's that. Things are great, I love kindergarten, Bryant loves kindergarten, Cora loves being at home yada, yada, yada.

No comments: