Friday, July 4, 2008

What I learned on my summer vacation!




So basically I've been out of town for the last two weeks to Kentucky and Utah. Two weeks before that we had all the family in town for Emma's (lil' sis) high school graduation so I've been busy! In the last month I've been to two weddings, a family reunion, a room-mate reunion, a graduation, and had to say goodbye to my grandpa. It was all so amazing but, we're back now and ready for the rest of the summer! The biggest thing that happened was of course Andrea getting married. I had so much fun spending time with Andrea, Tim, Heather, and Greg. I was sad last year when I barely got to see my brother and sister-in-law, but the last month has pretty much made up for it!!! Andrea looked just gorgeous, and everything was so perfect!! But the best thing of all was that she married a man who is perfect for her! I know Andrea reads this occasionally so I'll just go ahead and say that I love Tim, and I think you guys are going to have a great life with each other. And Tim, if you ever read this (which I think is significantly less likely unless Andrea tells you so)--you did get very lucky, and don't forget it!!!

If I can indulge you guys with a little story, I'll let you know how I discovered that they were perfect for each other...The night before the wedding all Andrea would say she wanted to do on her honeymoon night was watch a Veronica Mars dvd. I was thinking...come on! It's your HONEYMOON!! That night Tim came over to see if the dvd had come by Netflix. Here's the thing...he was just as dissapointed as she was when it wasn't there! He wanted to watch it just as much as she did. That's when I realized that they were meant to be. Oh well, I'm sure they found something else to do that night....


On another note, everything else was wonderful and we had so much fun with Erick's family. As far as blogging goes, I will try and keep things interesting, and I hope that those of you who read this and don't comment will have the guts to stick your toe in and try out being a part of the discussion. I have also made a resolution to try commenting more on all of your blogs. I do read them, but I need to comment more and WILL. Anyways, have a great summer, I know mine has been!

7 comments:

Monica said...

So glad to see you survived your busy busy last couple of weeks!! You all were in my prayers as we headed home and realized you still had a hand full of days on the road! I hope you have gotten settled & unpacked, and more importantly recuperated from the chaos of a trip!!

C. Leah said...

How exciting!! (And busy!) :)

Congrats to Andrea & Tim -and to Emma! And I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandpa. :(

Hope you are enjoying being back home now...Sure missed reading your blog!

steph said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! I'm happy for your sis. CONGRATS ANDREA!!
Hopefully the rest of your summer will be a little more relaxing.

Unknown said...

Wow, Andrea got married?! Where have all the little kids gone? :) They've all grown up. She was gorgeous on her wedding day, I absolutely love her dress! Tell her I said congrats!

team cowan said...

Woah, the guy Andrea married looks a ton older than her, and almost exactly like your dad.

maurine said...

Okay, okay, I'll post a picture of Andrea with her actual husband who looks nothing like my dad. I just didn't get any real great pictures of the two of them, in all my pics they were always blinking or sneezing or something. So sorry!! By the way Katie, how's that new baby? I kept meaning to call you to see how the whole baby thing was going and think I actually called you while you were in labor. That would have been pretty cool if you had answered, but of course your phone was turned off. Oh well, I'll call ya sometime next week. We can talk about how hard it is to have a new born and a two year old!

team cowan said...

I'm hilarious.