Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cora Story

First off let me say, that I would love to post new pictures of the baby and everything that has happened this summer, but I cannot for the life of me get my pics to load to my computer! Something is wrong and I can't get it to work! When I figure it out there will be baby over load! Moving on...

It has been a while since I posted. There are plenty of reasons for this. Namely, I was pregnant and tired, then I had a baby and was tired, and then all of our family visited and we were busy. Now things are settling down and I am a teensy bit less tired. So here is what happened tonight:

I put Bryant and Cash to bed around 7:30. Bryant always has to go to bed early because he always wakes up with the sun no matter what. If he stays up late, he's in a bad mood all the next day so he goes to bed early. Period. Cora is a different story. She is a little night owl. She loves to sleep in, so a lot of times after Bryant goes to bed she'll just play in her room for a couple of hours and just entertain herself. She never really bothers me much, so I don't mind.

Tonight at around 8:30 after playing in her room for about an hour she sauntered down stairs and nonchalantly said that she would be painting a picture. Cora is a mess maker and a half, but for some reason she is the neatest little painter there is so I just let her do her thing. She got out the paint, paper, and cup of water all by herself and got to work while I was cleaning the rest of the kitchen. Something interesting: At around 7:00 at night Cora likes to "hum" when she's concentrating or falling asleep. It sounds like a distant lawn mower. It's kind of a sign that she's a little tired. So while she was painting she hummed and I cleaned. She then said "Mom, you'd better not touch this paper...you'd better not!"
"Okay Cora, I won't touch your picture."
"Oh Mom, I wish I had a dinosaur. I'd give it a pretty crown to wear. I want a dinosaur and a pink crown for my birthday"
"Okay Cora"
"Mom, what did I paint?"
"You tell me what you painted"
"I don't know, what did I paint?"
"It looks like a black bird flying through flowers"
"No, it's not that. It's a dinosaur."
"Oh, it's very pretty"
And then Cora being Cora of course asked for a cookie. Which I gave her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that little girl! And that is just so the epitome of Cora! Argh, I wish you guys lived closer!

Heather said...

Sounds like some sleep painting to me.