Monday, May 16, 2011

Busy Day

Busy day here, and it's not over yet. I need to pay attention to my house a little more before I go to bed. I've been giddy with excitement about starting my new business today (and very happy to have about 10 people want their windows cleaned without having to knock any doors! I just hope a few more Greensboro folks come around, either way, It's amazing.) and I've kind of just been doing the bare minimum. But life is still full court press no matter what. In a show of support Erick brought me home a very nice new office chair. He said a manager can't manage without a fancy chair. Considering I'd been sitting on a $20 kitchen chair from Ikea for the last year, I'm in heaven in this very nice, cushy, chair. Some fun things from my day:

Bryant telling Cora "I hate you" and then Cora saying "well, I love you!"

Cora, Bryant, and Cash playing for hours in the huge box my chair came in.

Cash eating tomatoes like it's the most delicious thing anyone has ever had ever. And then eating pinapple and about going in a comatose state from joy.

Cash playing outside by himself (meaning, I didn't have to assist him with anything, I was out there) for over an hour.

Me enjoying weeding the garden for that same hour and enjoying the amazing weather.

Cora saying that spinach is delicious and proceeding to go back for seconds and thirds.

Bryant eating rice and cheese for the ten millionth time and being completely satisfied with that.

Each kid taking turns spinning themselves silly in the new chair.

Cora and Bryant soaking each other with the hose for the hundreth time even though every time we tell them they are NEVER allowed to use the hose. And without fail, they do it almost every day when the weather is nice. I guess I need to be meaner about that.

Cora left two lovely muddy footprints on the carpet before she remembered to take her shoes off.

Bryant telling me he had to check the "forest" for tomorrow when he really meant "forecast"

Erick taking time to go have a pillow talk with Bryant right before bed.

Cash standing not holding onto anything and being very proud of himself.

Cash, Cora, and myself all taking a simultaneous nap.

After the other kids went to bed, Cora kept hiding in the chair box and saying "Mom, there's a package for you!" and giggling about it.

Cora telling me that she needs to "wearn something" so that meant she needed to watch Signing Time. Which I am kind of sick of.

Me not caring anymore about ending sentences with prepositions.

I could go on, I guess it was a good day.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun day. I'm excited for Rex to get to play with his cousins and have some nice weather finally...alas, I still have to wait a few months. Lame. Also, you have a sewing machine right? I told Emma I'd make the boys matchings ties and suspenders for the wedding but I won't have time to do it before we leave so I was planning on doing it at your house if that's ok.

maurine said...

That's fine. I haven't pulled the sewing machine out in a long while, so I'll get it out and make sure everything's still doing what it's supposed to, and you can have at it.