Friday, May 13, 2011

New beginnings...

With each new day comes something new. I don't know how many people might know this, but I am kind of entrepreneurial. I ran my own business doing permits for new home construction for three years starting when Bryant was four months old (the recession ended that though!). It was a lot of fun, and Erick and I have thought of lots of different little ideas here and there, and a lot of them had a lot of promise, buuuuut, the timing is never right.

Enter Travis, Emma's fiance. With the dull economy and his very short stay in NC, the job hunting wasn't going so well; my entrepreneurial senses started to tingle. Erick and I talked and talked, and decided now might be a good time to start a little business. It didn't take too long for me to realize that the majority of the work of running the business would fall to me by virtue of the fact that Erick is a GM for a company that requires a lot of time. So, I have claimed this business as my new baby (not really), and Erick will have lots of input and share in all of the decisions, but I will be the backbone. We talked to Travis and Emma about it and they agreed to our ideas. I just finished the task of making a new email address and ordering 500 flyers. Next comes buying all the supplies and doing a little training, etc. It always feels kind of like you're jumping into the deep end of the pool, but it's also a little exciting. Hopefully this business will be a success, and by success I don't mean making me super rich, I just mean making me feel like the time I put into it is worthwhile.

So what is this new business? Just give me another few days, and I'll tell you ALL about it! Heck, hopefully you'll want to use it!

No comments: