Monday, May 9, 2011

An update about myself:

Well, today the creative juices are running very low, so I thought I would share some information about myself for my daily post. I hope this dry spell doesn't last for long because I really want to post every day for thirty days anyways, here you go:

Things I'm excited about (I think I'm stealing this concept from another blog, I just can't remember who's, so sorry):
-this is really nerdy, but one of my favorite things each month is my trip to Sam's Club. I don't know why, but I just LOVE buying things in bulk. I don't know, but I can't deny that I get giddy every time I go. I actually still haven't come down from the high of buying a pack of 400 generic claritin for only $12 last month. Erick teases me about it, but then again, yesterday he was going on and on about installing some inconsequential thingy on his landcruiser and I told him we're all really just the same. We all get excited about dumb little things, they just aren't necessarily the same dumb little things.

-I am excited about every single tiny thing Cash does. I am not kidding you, every movement of his body is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. You might think that each kid you have becomes less exciting, but we have found that with Cash we know how fleeting his little babyhood is, so every time he laughs with that two-toothed grin or crawls with his very authoritative crawl, or even when he cries that baby cry, Erick and I just look at each other and say how unbelievably adorable it is, and we talk about it all the time. I guess the only thing I'm looking forward to about Cash growing up is not changing his diapers. Other than that, I'm going to miss everything.

-I am excited about doing Cora's first real friend birthday party. For some reason four years old seems like the right age to do a birthday party that doesn't just involve family. They really understand what's going on and they are EXCITED, and that's putting it mildly. Cora talks about her birthday every single day, and it is still two months away. She has already planned it from the decor to the food. The food is of top priority because Cora is a total foodie, and she has let me know that it will include pizza, muffins, hot dogs, cake, pie, ice cream, and that's just the beginning. It will be a princess/spiderman theme so that boys and girls can both feel included. Don't ask me how I can pull that one off, but there's plenty of time to lower her expectations, or maybe I'll just go crazy and do it all. She also regularly threatens to not share her birthday cake if someone is not pleasing her. I can't tell you how many times I have had to reassure Bryant that yes, he will get some of Cora's birthday cake no matter what she says.

-I am excited about not going shopping for the next two weeks. My fridge, pantry, and freezer are so stocked that I cannot go shopping. It would be wrong. I am not letting myself look at any couponing websites AT ALL for two weeks (okay, I do have to go to Walgreens once because I will have some register rewards expire next week, but that's it I swear!). I am sitting here on a Monday morning, when usually I would be out shopping at two or three stores, and it feels so relaxing. I like it. I might take a break more often. Also, after I had to spend $60 on medicine for Cash taking a week off will help my budget even out a little.

-I am excited about stake conference. We have an AWESOME new stake president and I am so excited for the Saturday night session. I love going and hearing all of the speakers and then going out with everyone to dinner afterwards. I didn't get to last time because Cash was so little and likely sick, but I've already got the babysitter lined up and it's gonna be a great night for spiritual learning and catching up with friends!

-this list could go on, but I have to go be a mom.

No comments: