Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Post! On the down side, this is a post about scrapbooking.

Well, it's been a while since I wrote something you know, for the public, and I saw how my little, baby sister (okay, I'm just saying that because she's getting married), anyways, my super, grown-up sister, Emma wrote in her blog every day for a month and honestly it looked like fun. No pictures, just thoughts. I can do that. I can also add pictures but just not tonight because it's already past my bedtime and I have to be up at 6:00am and who knows how many times in between!

So today, I had some dear friends over and we scrap-booked. For those of you who knock scrap-booking, I'll have you know that there is nothing so cathartic and relaxing as creating things for and about people you love. I am actually not a creative person in any way shape or form. But just the fact that I plunk my buns down once a month and force myself to work on my scrap-booking has produced some pretty neat stuff from this not-so-creative mind. Which I like. Actually, my friend April and I have been meeting once a month (sometimes skipping a month due to the birth of a baby or something along those lines...) for THREE years. How cool is that? And because of this monthly meeting I have been able to mostly keep up with all of the kid's books. And I bet you can't guess which books are my kids' favorite books to read and look at? Why, their books that are just about them of course! Their albums are covered in kid finger prints and smudges and are already kind of worn, but they know that they are special and loved. And the pages are safe because they are all in page covers so I can get new albums someday if I really need to.

Today I actually focused on making mother's day cards and I'm going to be honest with you. I made the most beautiful cards I have ever made and am a little upset with myself that I did not take a picture of the card I'm sending my mother-in-law because it is so darn pretty! Sorry to ruin the surprise Janette if you read this, but I love your card so much, it was hard to send it! Unfortunately though, I was holding April's baby while she was mailing her card in my mailbox and I helped her load her stuff into her car and by the time I ran into my house and grabbed the card to mail it the mailman came! In TWO minutes from the time she put her card in to when I came back out he was there and gone. So the card might not make it quite in time, but hopefully the prettiness of the card will make up for it. Such is life.

2 comments:

Emma Baker said...

Nice job, sis! I might take up this challenge and do it too!

Janette Allen said...

Guess what? I got it today...the day before Mother's Day..you did it...Yay!!..perfect timing! I love it! Thank you so much...I can take a picture of it for you OK? I also got the flowers....they are beautiful and I love them and appreciate it so much!! I have a confession...I still have saved on my phone from last year Bryant's phone message wishing me Happy Mother's Day...I love to re-listen to it all the time...it's just too dang cute to erase. Maybe he'll call and leave me another one tomorrow??? Hope so! Hugs and love to all!