Saturday, May 21, 2011

Well, I blew it!

I did not meet my goal of posting every day for 30 days. I have a sneaking suscpision that my sister was able to only because she does not currently have three kids, a house to take care of, guests (which sometimes includes herself), a baby who decided to start waking up at midnight every night for a bottle because his ear infection has likely not healed, and a new business to worry about (which I have actually stopped worrying about as of yesterday).

Any who, we had a good week. My house kind of looks like a tornado of coupons has passed through it, because it's been triples week at Harris Teeter, so I've been cutting coupons, searching for coupons, and shopping every day because I can save so much money and get so much stuff so it's actually worth my time. On a normal week I only spend about an hour working on coupon stuff, but this week it's probably been about an hour or a little more per day, but I'm able to buy things our family needs for next to nothing soI put the time in to reap the benefits. And I do multi task like crazy. Last night Erick worked on setting up some new office equipment while I searched online for coupons stuff and we talked and had an enjoyable time, so the time spent on it is not always time that is spent exclusively on finding/cutting coupons.
Today I came home with:
-2 packages of hot dogs
-2 frozen pizzas
-6 individual frozen entrees (Erick likes to have things that are immediately available and that require no imagination for lunch or he just goes and buys fast food, so I always load up when possible)
-1 non frozen entree
-3 packages of rice
-2 bottles salad dressing
-2 boxes ritz crackerfuls
-3 seasoning sat
-2 packages turkey bacon

All for $4.00.
Pretty good. I only did buy 23 items though because they limit you to 20 tripled coupons, and I've already gotten all the good deals that did not require coupons on previous days this week, but I still feel like it was worth my time because we will use every single thing I bought! Anyways, sometimes it's fun to brag a little I guess. I will be glad when the sale is over though because I'm kinda tired of coupons!

1 comment:

Emma Baker said...

Oh man...I cannot wait to come back to your house and reap the benefits of this coupon craze!