Sunday, May 8, 2011

Quick Mother's Day Post

Hi there, and Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's! I just wanted to maintain my goal of writing a post every day for thirty days, so today I am going to share the following:

Bryant is at his Grandma and Grandpa's for the weekend but will be back in the late afternoon; he gave me a letter and a gift (which I will wait to open when he gets home), but he wanted me to read the letter and this is what it said:

Dear Mom,
Thank you for my zhu zhu pets. I love you. You are the best mom ever. You're special to me. You are nice. You are sweet. Thank you for my food.

Love, Bryant.

He told me that he did a practice letter and then wrote this one with his very best handwriting, and I'm impressed that he even used the correct grammer for "you're". I'm also telling myself that Bryant wrote this letter from his heart with no help from his teacher...and knowing his teacher he probably did. It pretty much melted my heart and makes me so happy. He also gave me a beautiful picture of flowers that he made with construction paper. These will be treasured items.

Then, Cora asked me if it was really Mother's day. I told her yes it was. She then asked me if I was really REALLY sure it was Mother's day, and I said that it was. She then said "Okay" in her perkiest little voice, and ran upstairs and returned with a home made card that apparently Uncle Travis and Aunt Emma helped her make yesterday while I was at the funeral. It said "you're the best mom ever" and then "Cash gots the pink eye and mom is at the funeral." I asked Erick where that came from and he said that Travis asked Cora what she wanted to say and that was a direct quote. And it's true, Cash has the pink eye and mom was at the funeral. It's interesting to get a little peek into a little girl's mind! It was pretty funny. Anyways, hopefully everyone will be extra nice to their moms today! I've already got a beef stew in the crockpot and rolls are defrosting for a nice mother's day dinner for my mom.

1 comment:

Kyra and Ben said...

Happy Mother's Day. I'm so glad you are posting on your blog. You are such a good writer that I am literally brought into your world when I read your entries. I'm so glad we got to be roommates at college!