Friday, May 6, 2011

Missed a day but I'm back on the wagon!

So I didn't write last night, but with good reason. Cash had to go to the doctor due to the fact that he wouldn't stop screaming so I figured he probably had an ear infection and he did along with pink eye in both eyes. So, a $15 copay and $50 in prescriptions later we were home and slightly happier. My sister Emma and her fiance Travis also drove up which ended up being great because they watched the other kids so I could go to the doctor and Erick could go to a meeting. Anyways, I wanted to tell a little story about my day yesterday.

Bryant is a messy boy. That's all there is to it. I can fold his clothes and place them on his steps and he'll just take them up to his room and throw them on his floor in a heap or maybe just go ahead and toss them directly into his dirty clothes hamper. I have known I need to do a real cleaning of his room for a while and yesterday I finally worked up the courage, so after I put him on the bus, I took a trash bag and went up to his room which is a room we actually made from a large unused attic, so it has its own set of stairs, and it's just out of the way, so I don't venture up there too often. So I go up and see the mess before me that includes every article of clothing Bryant owns, every shoe, books, school papers. His sheets are somehow no longer on the bed but on the floor, which means he's been sleeping on a bare mattress. It is a sigh-inducing sight. So I get started, organizing the book shelf, figuring out which clothes are clean and which are dirty, hanging up the nicer clothes, picking up trash, and on and on. The bed is the fun part. It is shaped like a landcruiser and the mattress is placed down in the frame so there are lots of nooks and crannies. I pulled out about ten pairs of underwear, books, dirty socks, undershirts and more. Finally, after two hours, the room was clean, organized, and ready for human habitation again.

So I decided to be mean to Bryant and trick him after school. As soon as he came home I demanded that he go clean his room immediately and there would be no snacks, drinks, or anything until he did. So he got upset and went up to his room. He then came back down stairs and said "Um, mom, there's been a mistake, my room's already clean" He was struggling to grasp the reality of the situation so I said, "and who do you think cleaned that room?" He said "You?" and I said yes. I reminded him that I love him and he said thank you. This of course did not stop him from casually tossing his book bag, shoes and dirty socks into the middle of his floor. We have work yet to do!

3 comments:

Janette Allen said...

Oh dear so sorry to hear about little Cash!!!!!!!! Bless his heart, hope the antibiotics start working really fast! Love, love, love the story about Bryant...hate to say it...but he's a little Erick in that regard! Been there done that! Way to go Mom...you are the best! Thanks for sharing...hugs to all, love you all so much!

team cowan said...

I have to say, I'm looking forward to your more frequent posting.

And that story was slightly terrifying. Good luck.

Heather said...

I know a boy/husband just like that. Too bad I'm not his mom and can't spank him when he's naughty...well I could but we won't go there.